[fpc-pascal] 50 years of Pascal, by the the author himself
Ralf Quint via fpc-pascal
2021-05-12 18:30:35 UTC
Thought this was kind of interesting, though it leaves short of
mentioning the later Object Pascal evolution and thus Delphi and
FreePascal...

https://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2021/3/250705-50-years-of-pascal/fulltext

Ralf

fpc-pascal maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
https://lists.fre
Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal
2021-05-12 19:51:03 UTC
Thought this was kind of interesting, though it leaves short of mentioning the later Object Pascal evolution and thus Delphi and FreePascal...
Isn't Free Pascal and Delphi basically the only Pascal compilers left? I used THINK Pascal and Metrowerks Pascal in the distant past but those are all long dead. You can't really talk about Pascal in 2021 without mentioning those 2 compilers.

Regards,
Ryan Joseph

Rainer Stratmann via fpc-pascal
2021-05-12 21:16:35 UTC
https://www.mikroe.com/mikropascal-avr

It is in heavy use.

They have Pascal compilers for ARM, PIC, etc. also.
On May 12, 2021, at 12:30 PM, Ralf Quint via fpc-pascal
Sven Barth via fpc-pascal
2021-05-12 22:00:07 UTC
Post by Ralf Quint via fpc-pascal
On May 12, 2021, at 12:30 PM, Ralf Quint via fpc-pascal <
Thought this was kind of interesting, though it leaves short of
mentioning the later Object Pascal evolution and thus Delphi and
FreePascal...
Isn't Free Pascal and Delphi basically the only Pascal compilers left? I
used THINK Pascal and Metrowerks Pascal in the distant past but those are
all long dead. You can't really talk about Pascal in 2021 without
mentioning those 2 compilers.
There's also Oxygene as one of the current ones.

Regards,
Sven
Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal
2021-05-12 22:30:30 UTC
Post by Sven Barth via fpc-pascal
There's also Oxygene as one of the current ones.
Oh that's right, that's a pretty cool one. I hope once closures are finished we can use them to implement async/await like Oxygene or JavaScript. :)

Regards,
Ryan Joseph

fpc-pascal maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
https://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/ma
Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal
2021-05-13 07:05:56 UTC
Post by Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal
Post by Sven Barth via fpc-pascal
There's also Oxygene as one of the current ones.
Oh that's right, that's a pretty cool one. I hope once closures are finished we can use them to implement async/await like Oxygene or JavaScript. :)
pas2js already has those :-)

Michael.
fpc-pascal maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
https://lists
Brian via fpc-pascal
2021-05-12 23:51:49 UTC
Post by Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal
Thought this was kind of interesting, though it leaves short of mentioning the later Object Pascal evolution and thus Delphi and FreePascal...
Isn't Free Pascal and Delphi basically the only Pascal compilers left? I used THINK Pascal and Metrowerks Pascal in the distant past but those are all long dead. You can't really talk about Pascal in 2021 without mentioning those 2 compilers.
There are still some OpenVMS sites out there, which would lead you to
assume that VAX Pascal is still alive and kicking, albeit very much a
minority compiler.

Brian.

fpc-pascal maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
https://lists.freepa
Marco van de Voort via fpc-pascal
2021-05-13 09:58:52 UTC
Post by Brian via fpc-pascal
There are still some OpenVMS sites out there, which would lead you to
assume that VAX Pascal is still alive and kicking, albeit very much a
minority compiler.
For historic pascal compilers, have a look at this list:

https://www.pascaland.org/pascall.htm